Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Strong Hand to Hold

A message from my daily devotional I wanted to share with you all....

With life comes change.
With change comes fear, insecurity, sorrow, stress. So what do you do? Hibernate? Take no risk for fear of failing? Give no love for fearing of losing? Some opt to. They hold back.

A better idea is to look up. Set your bearings on the and only North Star in the universe - God. For though life changes, he never does. Scripture makes pupil-popping claims about his permanence. 

Consider his strength. Unending. According to Paul, God's power lasts forever (Romans 1:20). His strength never diminishes. Yours and mine will and has. Our energy ebbs and flows more than the Thames River. You aren't as alert in the evening as in the morning. You can't run as fast when you are eighty as when you are twenty. You are strong now, but you won't be strong forever. God will.

The words "I'm feeling strong today" he has NEVER said. He feels equally strong EVERY DAY. Daniel calls him "the living God, enduring forever" (Daniel 6:26 ESV) The psalmist tells him, "I will sing of your strength....for you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. O my strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love" (Psalm 59:16-17 ESV)

Think about it. God never pauses to eat or asks the angels to cover him while he naps. He never signals a time-out or puts the prayer requests from Russia on hold while he handles South Africa. He "never slumbers or never sleeps" (Psalm 121:4 NLT). 

Need a strong hand to hold? You'll always find one in his. His strength never changes.

- Max Lucado




No comments :

Post a Comment